Sunday, July 1, 2007

A day in the life of a diabetic cat


1:17am: Hey! The lady's arm is out from under the covers. She knows that bugs me, but I can fix this. (CHOMP) Screech! "Punky! You bitch!" Ah, that's better. Me on top of the covers; her, underneath. Just how I like it.


3:44am: It's been a while since I slept on the couch. I know the lady worries when I'm not on the bed; she wants me nearby in case I go low or something. Too bad. I'm moving. She can sleep on the couch with me if she's so concerned. Besides, Casey is out there and I can smack him around a little before I doze off again.


5:15am: Must be getting near time to get fed. I'll move back to the bed and stare at the lady to see if I can make her wake up.


6:00am: (Alarm goes off.) Food! Food! Food! Food! Get up lady! Food! Food! Food! Don't go back to sleep! I'm right here!! Food!! Food! Jeez! You can pee later! Food!! OK OK!! Open the can! Hurry! Hurry!! Food!! Ahhhhhhhh.....


6:15am: That lady is still in the shower. I know she needs to test me, but I'll just lie down here for a minute. Here she comes. Yep, she's got the treats. Oh, she's getting out the stuff. OK, I'll wander over to the couch.


6:20am: This testing deal isn't so bad since the lady started using the clicker thing. But it sure was fun before when I howled and growled. She'd get so upset! I sort of miss the drama. (beep) OK, you've had your fun and got your beep. I'll take those bonita flakes now. Yes, in a special dish - it's what I deserve. And since you recognize that it's what I deserve, I'll pretend I don't notice that you're sticking me - again. That stuff is cold.


6:50am: Yaaawwwnnnn. Time for a nap. Bed? Or couch? Bed, I think. She'll be in to make the bed pretty soon, and I'll be in the way. Perfect.


2:00pm: Uh oh! Here comes a barf. Hurp-hurp-hurp-hurp-hurp. Ahhhhhhh. That's better. I'll move to the couch now.


4:20pm: I hear the car! I hear it! There she is! Hey lady!! Food!! Food! Food! Jeez! You can pee later! Food!! OK OK!! Open the can! Hurry! Hurry!! Food!! Ahhhhhhhh.....


5:00pm: I'm feeling pretty good. Full tummy. Great sleep. Oh look - the lady is washing the bedspread. She sure does that a lot. Well, time for a test. I wonder why Casey gets tuna flakes too, when I'm the one giving blood and getting a shot? I'll have to smack him around a little, just to even things up.


5:15pm: I'll just crawl up into the lady's lap while she's watching the news. I fit just perfectly. Yaaaawwwnnnnn. Time for a nap.


7:03pm: Wha?? Where'd she go? Oh, at the computer. No problem - I'll just lay down on her papers and nap there. I know she gets lonely if I'm not around. I can give my butt a good cleaning too.


9:00pm: Food! Food! Food! Food! C'mon lady! Food! Food! Food! You don't need to wait for a commercial! I'm hungry now!! Food!! Food! Jeez! Can't you tell time??? Food!! OK OK!! Open the can! Hurry! Hurry!! Food!! Ahhhhhhhh.....


10:22pm: Lady, puhleeze. Can't you tell I'm sleeping here? You move to he other side of the bed - I was here first. And make sure you don't leave any arms hanging out. You just keep all that stuff tucked up or you know what'll happen.

1 comment:

Mary C said...

A typical day for Isabella. That was good. Don't forget to keep your arms under the covers! :)