Monday, March 17, 2008

Something You’ve Never Seen Before

The web is a resource for all the strange-but-true things in the world, and then some. Today, for you crafty types, I present something I’ve never seen before: a complete digestive system created entirely by knitting.


From tongue to anus, it’s all there. I especially like that bright green gall bladder (because gall bladders really are green). And the pancreas – how can such a pretty little specimen cause so much trouble?

My knitting skills are rudimentary at best, but I may just see if I can conjure up a pancreas for Isabella. Why not? I’ve tried writing letters, poetry, and Christmas carols to bring her lazy islet cells back to life. How could a knitted endocrine organ be any worse?

(More pictures and patterns are here.)

No comments: