Saturday, October 20, 2007

Snooze


My father asked me to drive him to the airport earlier this week. No problem, I assured him, what time?? He hemmed and hawed. Well, the flight leaves at 8:30 … how about 6:15? In the morning? Yep, 6:15 am. No problem, I still assured him, knowing that my cat demands her breakfast at six sharp. I’ll be up already.

So we agreed, he would come to my place at 6:15 (I live closer to the airport), leave his car there, and I’d drive him to catch is flight. No problem.

Travel day arrives and I’m awakened, not by the alarm (which I’d forgotten to set), not by Isabella, who for the first time in her gluttonish existence, was content to wait for me to wake up to get her meal, but by my poor Dad, knocking loudly and ringing my doorbell. Oops.

In my defense, he arrived early – it was only 6:03. But still, I swear Isabella was sitting on the bed laughing at me. That’ll teach me to depend on a cat as a backup alarm.

1 comment:

Mary C said...

And then there are people like me who have a cat who almost never fails to wake me. Don't you hate that?