Monday, August 6, 2007

Happiness is...


In the previous post of random observations from last week, I forgot to include the absolute high point. The pinnacle, as it were. Get ready to be astonished and amazed:

I found Fancy Feast at the Grocery Outlet for 33 cents per can. I bought everything they had. Hah! Take that, expensive-cat food-maker-people.

I want to be clear: that's the highlight of the diabetes week -- not my whole life. I like to think I'm doing a little better than that. But this blog is about the diabetic cat, so I try really hard to stay on topic.

******************************

Isabella's sugar was 311 this morning. I can't figure out what is going on with that animal. Is she getting too much insulin? (Her high flat numbers indicate that's possible.) Is she resistant? Is she rebounding?? Does she actually need more? I don't know. I don' t know. I don't know.

When I see those high numbers (day in, day out) I have the urge to either plug her with a super dose (which I'd never do, but it's sooooooooo tempting) or to give her nothing and see what happens.

Today I did it. Or, didn't, rather. I skipped her shot even though her numbers are high. I'll see when I get home from work if that had any effect at all.

No comments: